Reinstalling an expansion enclosure
cover is installed and closed or an expansion enclosure is installed. Do not attempt
to override this protection.
To reinstall an expansion enclosure, complete the following steps:
1. Orient the expansion enclosure above the system-board tray.
2. Lower the expansion enclosure so that the pins at the rear slide down into the
3. If you disconnected cables when you removed the enclosure, reconnect them.
4. Pivot the expansion enclosure down onto the system-board tray until it clicks
5. Install the system-board tray in the chassis (see "Reinstalling a system-board
You cannot install the system-board tray into the chassis until the
slots at the rear of the system-board tray. Before you close the cover, make
sure that all components are installed and seated correctly, all internal cables
are correctly routed, and you have not left loose tools or parts inside the
tray in a 2U chassis" on page 44).
Chapter 3. Installing optional devices