Removing an expansion enclosure
To remove an expansion enclosure, complete the following steps:
1. Read the safety information that begins on page v and "Installation guidelines"
2. Turn off the system-board tray and all attached devices (see "Turning off the
3. If the system-board tray is installed in a chassis, remove it (see "Removing a
4. Carefully set the system-board tray on a flat, static-protective surface.
5. If you are removing the enclosure, note the cable routing and connection
6. Pull the expansion-unit release on each side of the system-board tray outward;
7. Using care not to pull on the cables, lift the expansion enclosure from the
on page 23.
system-board tray" on page 22).
system-board tray from a 2U chassis" on page 26 or "Removing a system-board
tray from a 3U chassis" on page 27).
locations; then, disconnect the cables that connect the expansion enclosure to
the system-board tray.
then, rotate the expansion enclosure open.
system-board tray and carefully set it upside down behind the system-board tray
on a flat, static-protective surface.
Chapter 3. Installing optional devices