10. Pull the system-board tray out of the 3U chassis and set it on a flat,
Removing the system-board tray cover
Note: If an expansion enclosure is installed on the system-board tray, remove it
instead (see "Removing an expansion enclosure" on page 29).
To remove the system-board tray cover, complete the following steps:
1. Read the safety information that begins on page v and "Installation guidelines"
2. Turn off the system-board tray and all attached devices (see "Turning off the
3. If the system-board tray is installed in a chassis, remove it (see "Removing a
4. Carefully set the system-board tray on a flat, static-protective surface, with the
5. Pull the cover release on each side of the system-board tray outward; then, lift
6. Lift the cover off the system-board tray and store it for future use.
IBM dx340 User's Guide
on page 23.
system-board tray" on page 22).
system-board tray from a 2U chassis" on page 26 or "Removing a system-board
tray from a 3U chassis" on page 27).
cover side up.
the cover open.
Note: If two system-board trays are installed in a 2U chassis, both must have
their covers installed.