Removing a 3.5-inch simple-swap hard disk drive
Note: The following illustration shows how to remove a 3.5-inch simple-swap hard
disk drive from a 2U chassis.
To remove a simple-swap hard disk drive, complete the following steps:
1. Read the safety information that begins on page v and "Installation guidelines"
2. Turn off the system-board tray and all attached devices (see "Turning off the
3. Remove the filler panel from the simple-swap hard disk drive bay.
4. Pull the loops of the drive toward each other; then, pull the drive out of the drive
5. Store the drive and filler panel for later use.
on page 23.
system-board tray" on page 22).
Note: A hard disk drive or filler panel must always be installed in each drive
bay when the server is turned on. Simple-swap hard disk drives must always
have a filler panel installed along with the hard disk drive.
Chapter 3. Installing optional devices