Installing a hard disk drive
The dx340 server configurations support installation of three hard disk drive types.
The following sections describe installing each type of hard disk drive.
Installing a 3.5-inch hot-swap hard disk drive
Note: The following illustration shows how to install a 3.5-inch hot-swap hard disk
drive in a 3U chassis.
To install a hot-swap hard disk drive, complete the following steps:
1. Read the safety information that begins on page v and "Installation guidelines"
2. Touch the static-protective package that contains the hard disk drive to any
3. Make sure that the drive tray handle is in the open position.
4. Align the drive with the guide rails in the drive bay; then, carefully slide the drive
5. Rotate the drive tray handle to the closed position.
Note: If you install or remove a hard disk drive, see the documentation that comes
with your RAID adapter for information about reconfiguring the disk arrays.
on page 23.
unpainted metal surface on the chassis or rack; then, remove the hard disk
drive from the package.
Do not press on the top of the drive. Pressing the top might
damage the drive.
into the bay until the drive stops.
Chapter 3. Installing optional devices