Installing an adapter in a one-slot riser card
Note: The one-slot riser card supports installation of only half-length, full-height
To install an adapter in a one-slot riser card, complete the following steps:
IBM dx340 User's Guide
1. Read the safety information that begins on page v and "Installation guidelines"
on page 23.
2. Turn off the system-board tray and all attached devices (see "Turning off the
system-board tray" on page 22).
3. If the system-board tray is installed in a chassis, remove it (see "Removing a
system-board tray from a 2U chassis" on page 26 or "Removing a
system-board tray from a 3U chassis" on page 27).
4. If an expansion enclosure is installed on the system-board tray, remove it (see
"Removing an expansion enclosure" on page 29); otherwise, remove the
system-board tray cover (see "Removing the system-board tray cover" on page
5. Remove the riser card retaining screw on the front of the chassis. Store the
screw for future use.
Note: If an adapter is already installed in the riser card, the riser card and
adapter are removed together.
6. Carefully grasp the one-slot riser card by its top edge or upper corners, and
pull the riser card straight up and out of the system board.
7. Carefully set the riser card on a flat, static-protective surface. If an adapter is
installed in the riser card, remove it.
8. Touch the static-protective package that contains the adapter that you are
installing to any unpainted metal surface on the chassis or rack; then, remove
the adapter from the static-protective package. Avoid touching the components
and gold-edge connectors on the adapter.
9. Follow the instructions that come with the adapter to set any jumpers or