Installing a 3.5-inch simple-swap hard disk drive
1. Depending on your server configuration, you can install either 3.5-inch SAS
2. The following illustration shows how to install a 3.5-inch simple-swap hard disk
To install a simple-swap hard disk drive, complete the following steps:
1. Read the safety information that begins on page v and "Installation guidelines"
2. Turn off the server and all attached devices (see "Turning off the system-board
3. Remove the filler panel from the simple-swap hard disk drive bay.
4. Touch the static-protective package that contains the hard disk drive to any
5. Align the drive with the guide rails in the drive bay.
6. Pull the loops of the drive toward each other; then, carefully slide the drive into
7. Install the filler panel in the simple-swap hard disk drive bay.
If you have other devices to install or remove, do so now. Otherwise, turn on the
system-board tray (see "Turning on the system-board tray" on page 22).
Note: If the server has a PCIe RAID adapter and you install or remove a hard disk
drive, see the documentation that comes with your RAID adapter for information
about reconfiguring the disk arrays.
IBM dx340 User's Guide
simple-swap hard disk drives or 3.5-inch SATA simple-swap hard disk drives.
You cannot use SAS simple-swap hard disk drives and SATA simple-swap hard
disk drives in the same server.
drive in a 2U chassis.
on page 23.
tray" on page 22).
unpainted metal surface on the chassis or rack; then, remove the hard disk
drive from the package.
Do not press on the top of the drive. Pressing the top might
damage the drive.
the bay until it stops, and release the loops.
Note: Do not release the loops on the drive until it is completely seated.