Removing a system-board tray from a 2U chassis
1. If two system-board trays are installed in the chassis, they can be removed
2. If an expansion enclosure is installed on the system-board tray, you will remove
operate the upper system-board tray with the lower system-board tray removed or
powered off, except for servicing. When the lower system-board tray is removed or
powered-off, chassis-level system-management information is not available. For
example, chassis fan speeds and temperatures may be returned as zero values. In
this situation, the chassis will continue to operate normally, since the power supply
and fans are designed to operate independently.
To remove a system-board tray from a 2U chassis, complete the following steps:
1. Read the safety information that begins on page v and "Installation guidelines"
2. Turn off the system-board tray and all attached devices (see "Turning off the
3. If external cables are connected to the front of the system-board tray or
4. Press in on the two release handles, pull the system-board tray and expansion
IBM dx340 User's Guide
independently of each other.
the expansion enclosure and the system-board tray from the chassis as one
When two system-board trays are installed in the chassis, do not
on page 23.
system-board tray" on page 22).
expansion enclosure, note where they are connected; then, remove them.
enclosure, if one is attached, out of the 2U chassis, and set it on a flat,