OTHER BASIC OPERATIONS
Press this button to display the Program No., input
mode, and screen size status.
This function allows you to set the length of time before
the display automatically goes into standby state.
The standby state is placed when the set time has
Each time the button is pressed, the time setting is
switched as shown below.
This function switches the picture mode.
Each time the button is pressed, the mode is switched
between the current picture mode and Fine mode.
* See P. E-26 for how to set Picture Mode.
* While you are watching pictures in Fine mode,
pressing the button does not switch the mode.
This function calls pictures which have been adjusted
and registered. This button toggles among eight preset
picture adjustment groups loaded into memory.
Each time the button is pressed, the picture memory is
switched as shown below.
* See P. E-30 for how to set Picture Memory.
• When the WIDE mode is set to "Normal", and pictures are shown for an extended time, a residual image or "burn-in" may be created. The burn-in
may occur at the boundary where the left and right borders of the picture meet the vertical bars. To reduce the chance of "burn-in" when watching in
the "Normal", we recommend you set the "Background" to "Light Gray". (See P. E-39)
• When a residual image was created, it is reduced by using the "White Screen" settings. Note that there may also be cases when it can not be recovered
completely. (See P. E-39)
• A variety of Screen Sizes are available with this display. Remember that if you select a mode with an aspect ratio (ratio of frame width to frame
height) different from that of the TV program or video media, the pictures will appear differently than if you had selected a mode having the same
• Showing a movie or similar premium event at a different aspect ratio from its original one at any event site, restaurant, or bar for profit-making
purposes or for a public audience may constitute a copyright infringement.
For films, try to select a mode having the same aspect ratio as the original picture; this enables the director's original intentions to be preserved.
• See P. E-32 for how to adjust the picture position and size.
This function switches among available picture display
The currently selected mode will appear.
to select a desired
Each time you press
appears. Here are the display mode sequences.
TV, Video mode (HD signal)
TV, Video mode (SD signal)
* Depending on the type of signal, some aspects may
not be selected.
* See P. E-32 for how to adjust the display size and
* The buttons on the display can also be used for
adjustments and settings.
, a different display mode