OTHER SETTINGS (FEATURES MENU) (Continued)
Auto Lock (Parental Lock) SETTING
Auto Lock is provided for the parents to determine that TV
programs and video pictures not good for their children are
Restrictions on the watching of TV programs can be placed by
channel, age, and program category.
Parental Ctrl By Level
Sets MPAA system and TV RATING system program viewing
restriction at the television channel and video input.
"Auto Lock" Screen
Select Parental Ctrl By Level by
"Enter Password" Screen
Enter the Password.
(initial value: "
About Auto Lock (Parental Lock)
• Auto Lock can be set for TV and video inputs by age and program category.
• The Auto Lock system of the display is compatible with both TV Rating system and MPAA system.
• The Auto Lock system is available for both analog TV broadcastings and digital TV broadcastings.
• Once Auto Lock is set, the display does not show the restricted program (neither pictures nor audio) when receiving it.
• When receiving a program for which Auto Lock is set, the display shows the "Program Blocked" screen. To show the program, enter the password.
All the settings for Auto Lock are reset temporarily when the password is entered. To enable Auto Lock, turn off the power (STANDBY), and then
turn it ON again. Also, when
the screen may become blank. Also, when
displayed, the screen may become blank. In this case, reselect the program you want to watch by pressing
• The Auto Lock system is available only for TV broadcastings and video signals (Video mode, S-Video mode and Comp.video(480i) mode) that are
based on the parental lock standard. The Auto Lock feature will work only when a program rating is available.
• This function does not work in VIDEO5,6 (HDMI).
or other operation is performed, or the power is turned on/off, while the "Program Blocked" screen is displayed,
or other operation is performed, or the power is turned on/off, while the "Program Blocked" screen is
Placing restrictions on the watching of TV programs by
channel or age.
Press , ,
to select a target item.
to switch between blocking and unblocking.
Description of MPAA chart symbols
MPAA chart Lock are all cleared.
For the general audience of all ages
Parental guidance suggested. Some
programs are not good for children.
Some programs are not good for children at
age 13 years or younger.
Parents' permission required for children at
age 17 years or younger
Not for children at age 17 years or younger
For adults only
Description of TV RATING symbols
TV RATING chart Lock are all cleared.
For children of all ages
For children of at age 7 years or older
For general audience
Parents' permission is required.
Firm warning to parents
Program parents would find unsuitable for
children under 14 years of age.
For adults only