CONVENIENT TV AND VIDEO FUNCTIONS
FAVORITE (Favorite channels)
Favorite channels set by Favorite Ch of the menu can be
Recalls an already registered channel.
is pressed, the set switches to the
next registered channel.
* See P. E-42 for how to set "Favorite Ch".
GUIDE (TV Guide On Screen)
Displays TV Guide On Screen.
is pressed again, the TV Guide On
Screen goes off.
* For more information, see "INITIALIZING TV
GUIDE ON SCREEN
"USING TV GUIDE ON SCREEN
* When received the program without TV Guide On
Screen system, the information is not displayed in the
menu even if the GUIDE key is pressed.
CC (Closed Caption)
Switches closed caption service.
Closed caption service is switched as shown below.
• Analog closed caption service
• Digital closed caption service
* See "CC Service SETTING" (P. E-34) for the setting
of digital closed caption service setting.
* To proceed to the next service, press
the closed caption program name is being displayed.
SYSTEM" (P. E-45) ,
The audio mode is switched.
Each time this button is pressed, the audio mode is
The switching varies depending on the broadcasting
* The switching method is determined by the program
you are watching.
* The available language is determined by the program
you are watching.
* If a stereo broadcast is hard to hear due to poor
reception, change to Mono mode.
* Monaural sound is presented when SAP mode is
Displays the information (channel No., TV station
name, program title, Rating, etc.) for the channel
currently being viewed.
is pressed again, the display goes off.
Listening mode NIGHT
When the NIGHT mode is used when watching TV,
even low volume sounds can be heard clearly. This
function is convenient when watching TV at night.
Each time this button is pressed, the setting changes as
[Normal]: Normal sound.
[Night]: Volume is lowered without changing the
sound quality. The volume of sudden loud
sounds, etc. is also suppressed.