1. Check the following before starting the engine.
• No fuel leakage is allowed.
• Confirm that the crank shaft rotates and there is compression when pulling the starter handle.
• Confirm that the starter handle can be pulled lightly when the decompression valve is set in the ON
position (push-in state).
• Perform priming ten times and then confirm that the priming pump is full of fuel.
2. Check the following after starting the engine.
• Confirm that the engine starts up by following the procedure below.
(1) Set the stop switch to the startup position.
(2) Pull the throttle lever while pushing the trigger lockout. Push the throttle lock pin to half-open the
(3) Perform priming ten times.
(4) Keep pulling the choke button.
(5) Set the decompression valve in the ON position (push-in state).
(6) Pull the starter handle and check for initial ignition. As a guide, pull 3 to 5 times at ordinary
temperature (20°C). Increase the number of pulling times at low temperature.
(7) Push in the choke button.
(8) Set the decompression valve in the ON position (push-in state) again as combustion pressure
returns the valve automatically to the OFF position.
(9) Pull the starter handle to start the engine. As a guide, pull 2 or 3 times at ordinary temperature
(20°C). Increase the number of pulling times at low temperature.
(10) Lightly pull the throttle lever with the trigger lockout pressed. Confirm that half-throttle status is
canceled and the engine returns to idling.
• Make sure that the respective moving and rotating parts work smoothly without any abnormal noise.
• Adjust the carburetor. See "2. Adjustment of the carburetor" on page 7.
• Make sure that the cut-off wheel does not run while the engine is idling.
• Operate the throttle lever without gripping the trigger lockout, and make sure that engine revolutions do
• Check both idling engine speed and no-load full engine speed with the cut-off wheel mounted.
• Make sure that the engine accelerates smoothly.
• Release the throttle lever and make sure that the engine idles.
• Allow the engine to idle, and then rapidly accelerate and decelerate the engine. Make sure that the
engine does not stop.
• Reset the stop switch to the stop position and make sure that the engine stops.
Confirmation after reassembly