If the Spring Holders   turn together with Nut M6  and Long Nut M6  at less than the
specified torque, retighten the nuts by using a flat-blade screwdriver and a double-head wrench 10 x 19
6. Disassembly and reassembly of the clutch
• Hex. bar wrench (4 mm)
• Socket wrench (19 mm)
• Loosen the three Set Bolts M5 x 25  by using a hex. bar wrench (4 mm), and then remove the
Clutch Cover .
• Insert a socket wrench (19 mm) into the Clutch , turn it clockwise using an impact screwdriver or
similar tool, remove the Clutch , and then remove the Clutch Flange , Felt Packing , Clutch
Housing , Shim T0.2 , and Bolt Washer M12 .
NOTE: The Clutch  screwed into the Crank Shaft  is left-hand threaded. Do not remove Spark
Plug Ass'y BPMR7A  from the Cylinder . Set the Decomp.  to the OFF
position (pulled to the near side).
Reassembly can be conducted by reversing the disassembly procedure. However, special attention
should be given to the following items.
• Degrease the female threads of the Clutch  and the threads of the Crank Shaft  before
mounting the Clutch .
• The Hitachi 14.4-V impact screwdriver can apply specified torque to the Clutch  by tightening for
about one second.
NOTE: • Do not overtighten.
• Perform a test run after reassembly and make sure the Clutch  does not become
• Retighten the Flange Nut M8  of the Magneto Rotor  after mounting the Clutch
 to prevent loosening.
 (Press-fit in the Clutch Housing .)