CLEANING THE PLASMA AIR CLEANING FILTER
Before cleaning the plasma filter unit, be sure to turn off the power supply to the air conditioner.
Electric shock may result .
• Make sure the plasma filter unit is properly mounted before cleaning or performing other tasks
on it. If the unit is not properly mounted, it could fall off and cause damage or injury .
• You can be injured if you touch the heat exchanger when removing or installing the plasma filter
unit. Do not insert your fingers between the plasma filter unit and the heat exchanger.
Regarding the Air Cleaning check function
• This function is illustrated by the flashing of the AIR CLEAN indicator lamp (green), indicating that the unit requires
After Air Cleaning Mode has been in use for approximately 400 hours, the AIR CLEAN indicator lamp (green) will begin to
slowly flash (approximately once every 7 seconds). When this occurs, the unit requires maintenance.
After Air Cleaning Mode has been in use for approximately 500 hours, the AIR CLEAN indicator lamp (green) will begin to
flash quickly (approximately once every 3 seconds). At this point, Air Cleaning will cease functioning. Please carry out
appropriate maintenance for the unit.
• Please carry out unit maintenance every 6 months .
• If a squeaking or chirping sound is heard, unit maintenance needs to be carried out, even if the AIR CLEAN indicator lamp
(green) is not flashing.
Cleaning the dust collection unit)
1. Open the intake grille and remove the air
Remove the dust collection unit.
filter on the right.
• Please consult the instructions for cleaning the air
filter on page 12.
Wash with water and dry.
Soak the plasma filter unit in warm water (104 to
for 10 to 15 minutes. If the plasma filter unit is
extremely dirty, extremely dilute a mild synthetic laun
dry detergent (low alkalinity or isotope detergent) to
15 times the standard concentration and allow the
plasma filter unit to soak in it.
Gently move up and down and to the right and left. A
soft sponge can also be used to wipe the surface.
@ Rinse with clean water.
@ Shake the plasma filter unit to drain off the water.
the plasma filter unit is extremely dirty, repeat Steps
through @ two or three more times.)
Place the plasma filter unit in the shade and allow it
to dry completely.
Securely grasp the dust collection unit by the handle and
pull it out (as shown by the arrow).
(The above figure is only for reference, so the intake grille
is not included).
• Only use a mild synthetic laundry detergent (low
alkalinity or isotope detergent).
• Never disassemble the plasma filter unit.
• Never soak the plasma filter unit in hot water.
• Never wipe the plasma filter unit with a scrub brush
or other hard or abrasive items. This will damage
the honey comb filter.
• Never insert a brush into the inside of plasma filter
unit for washing. This will damage the internal parts
and cause malfunctioning of the plasma filter unit.
• Never use dryer or other device to blow hot air on
the plasma filter unit. This will cause deformation
or other damage.
• Before re-installing the unit, please wait until it is
completely dry. Ifthe unit is installed when still wet
and then put into operation, the OPERATION
indicator lamp (red) and the TIMER indicator lamp
(green) will flash and Air Cleaning will stop.