CLEANING AND CARE
Before cleaning the plasma filter unit, be sure to turn off the power supply to the air conditioner.
Electric shock may result.
• Make sure the plasma filter unit is properly mounted before cleaning or performing other tasks
on it. If the unit is not properly mounted, it could fall off and cause damage or injury .
• You can be injured if you touch the heat exchanger when removing or installing the plasma filter
unit. Do not insert your fingers between the plasma filter unit and the heat exchanger.
Cleaning the Intake Grille
1. Remove the Intake Grille.
Place your fingers at both lower ends of the grille
panel, and lift forward; if the grille seems to catch
partway through its movement, continue lifting up
ward to remove.
Pull past the intermediate catch and open the Intake
Grill wide so that it become horizontal.
2. Clean with water.
Remove dust with a vacuum cleaner; wipe the unit with
warm water, then dry with a clean, soft cloth.
3. Replace the Intake Grille.
Pull the knobs all the way.
Hold the grille horizontal and set the left and right
mounting shafts into the bearings at the top of the
Cleaning the Air Filter
1. Open the Intake Grille, and remove the air
Lift up the air filter's handle, disconnect the two lower
tabs, and pull out.
2. Remove dust with a vacuum cleaner or
After washing, allow to dry thoroughly in a shaded place.
3. Replace the Air Filter and close the Intake
Align the sides of the Air Filter with the panel, and
push in fully, making sure the two lower tabs are re
turned properly to their holes in the panel.
Close the Intake Grille.
(For purposes of example, the illustration shows the unit
without Intake Grille installed.)
• Dust can be cleaned from the Air Filter either with a
vacuum cleaner, or by washing the filter in a solution of
mild detergent and warm water. If you wash the filter, be
sure to allow it to dry thoroughly in a shady place before
• If dirt is allowed to accumulate on the Air Filter, air flow
will be reduced, lowering operating efficiency and in
• During periods of normal use, the Air Filters should be
cleaned every two weeks.
• When used for extended periods, the unit may accumulate dirt inside, reducing its performance. We recommend that the
unit be inspected regularly, in addition to your own cleaning and care. For more information, consult authorized service
• When cleaning the unit's body, do not use water hotter than 108 OF, harsh abrasive cleansers, or volatile agents like
benzene or thinner.
• Do not expose the unit body to liquid insecticides or hairsprays.
• When shutting down the unit for one month or more, first allow the fan mode to operate continuously for about one-half
day to allow internal parts to dry thoroughly.