Hold the embroidery foot in place with
your right hand, and then use the included
screwdriver to securely tighten the presser
foot holder screw.
• Use the included screwdriver to firmly tighten
the screw of the presser foot holder. If the
screw is loose, the needle may strike the
presser foot and possibly cause injury.
→ All keys and operation buttons are unlocked, and
the previous screen is displayed.
Attaching the Embroidery Unit
I About the Embroidery Unit
• Do not move the machine with the
embroidery unit attached. The embroidery
unit could fall off and cause injury.
• Keep your hands and foreign objects away
from the embroidery carriage and frame when
the machine is embroidering. Otherwise,
injury may result.
• If the embroidery unit could not be initialized
correctly, a buzzer will sound. If this happens,
go through the initialization process again.
This is not a malfunction.
to unlock all keys and
• You can also sew utility/decorative stitches
with the embroidery unit attached. Set the
feed dog position switch on the embroidery
unit to the appropriate setting.
• Be sure to turn off the power before install-
ing the embroidery unit. Otherwise, the
machine may be damaged.
• Do not touch the inner connector of the
embroidery unit. The pins on the embroidery
unit connection may be damaged.
• Do not apply strong force to the embroidery
unit carriage or pick up the unit by the car-
riage. Otherwise, the embroidery unit may
• Store the embroidery unit in the proper stor-
Turn the main power to OFF, and remove
the flat bed attachment.
Open the cover of the connection port.
• Be sure to replace the cover when the
embroidery unit is not installed.