CONGRATULATIONS ON CHOOSING OUR
Your machine is the most advanced computerized household embroidery and sewing machine. To fully enjoy all
the features incorporated, we suggest that you study the manual.
PLEASE READ BEFORE USING THIS MACHINE
For safe operation
1. Be sure to keep your eye on the needle while sewing. Do not touch the handwheel, thread take-up, needle, or
other moving parts.
2. Remember to turn off the power switch and unplug the cord when:
• Operation is completed
• Replacing or removing the needle or any other parts
• A power failure occurs during use
• Maintaining the machine
• Leaving the machine unattended.
3. Do not store anything on the foot controller.
4. Plug the machine directly into the wall. Do not use extension cords.
5. Do not place or store the machine near heaters or other hot appliances, in any location exposed to extremely
high or low temperatures, high humidity or dusty locations. Doing so could cause the machine to malfunction.
6. Never operate the machine if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working properly, if it has been dropped
or damaged, or water is spilled on the unit. Return the machine to the nearest authorized retailer or service
center for examination, repair, electrical or mechanical adjustment.
7. The sewing machine plastic bag should be kept out of the reach of children or disposed of. Never allow
children to play with plastic bags due to the danger of suffocation.
8. Do not place this sewing machine on an unstable surface, such as an unsteady or slanted table; otherwise the
sewing machine may fall, resulting in injuries.
For a longer service life
1. When storing this machine, avoid direct sunlight and high humidity locations. Do not use or store the machine
near a space heater, iron, halogen lamp, or other hot objects.
2. Use only neutral soaps or detergents to clean the case. Benzene, thinner, and scouring powders can damage
the case and machine, and should never be used.
3. Do not drop or hit the machine.
4. Always consult the operation manual when replacing or installing any assemblies, the presser feet, needle, or
other parts to assure correct installation.
5. Use only the interface cable (USB cable) included with this machine.
For repair or adjustment
In the event a malfunction occurs or adjustment is required, first follow the troubleshooting table in the back of the
operation manual to inspect and adjust the machine yourself. If the problem persists, please consult your local
authorized Brother dealer.
For additional product information and updates, visit our web site at www.brother.com
The contents of this manual and specifications of this product are subject to change without notice.