Threading Using the "Automatic
in that order to display a video example of
the operation on the LCD (see page 22). Follow
the steps explained below to complete the
• Be sure to thread the machine properly.
Improper threading can cause the thread to
tangle and break the needle, leading to injury.
• When using accessories not included with this
machine, attach the accessory to the machine
after threading the machine.
• The automatic threading function can be
used with sewing machine needles 75/11
• Thread such as transparent nylon monofila-
ment thread and thread with a thickness of
130/20 or thicker cannot be used with the
automatic threading function.
• The automatic threading function cannot be
used with the wing needle or the twin nee-
• If the automatic threading function cannot be
used, see "Threading Manually" on page 31.
Turn the main power to ON.
Press the "Needle Position" button to raise
If you try to thread the needle automatically
without raising the needle, the thread may not
Pivot the spool pin so that it angles upward.
Set the thread spool on the spool pin so that
the thread unwinds from the front of the
a Spool pin
b Spool cap
c Thread spool
Push the spool cap onto the spool pin as far
as possible, then return the spool pin to its
• If the thread spool and/or spool cap are set
incorrectly, the thread may tangle on the spool
pin and cause the needle to break.
• Use the spool cap (large, medium, or small)
that is closest in size to the thread spool. If a
spool cap smaller than the thread spool is
used, the thread may become caught in the slit
on the end of the spool and cause the needle