Download  Print this page

Yamaha MD8 Owner's Manual page 4

Multitrack md recorder
Hide thumbs

Advertisement

ii
Important
Read the Following Before Operating the MD8
Warnings
Do not locate the MD8 in a place subject to excessive heat or direct sunlight. This could
be a fire hazard.
Do not place MD8 in a place subject to excessive humidity or dust. This could be a fire
or electrical shock hazard.
Connect the supplied AC power cord only to an AC outlet of the type stated in this
Owner's Manual or as marked on the MD8. Failure to do so is a fire and electrical shock
hazard.
Do not plug several devices into the same AC outlet. This may overload the AC outlet,
and can be a fire and electrical shock hazard. It may also affect the performance of some
devices.
Do not place heavy objects on the power cord. A damaged power cord is a potential fire
and electrical shock hazard.
If the power cord is damaged (i.e., cut or a bare wire is exposed), ask your dealer for a
replacement. Using the MD8 in this condition is a fire and shock hazard.
Hold the AC power cord plug when disconnecting from an AC outlet. Never pull the
cord. Damaging the power cord in this way is a potential fire and electrical shock hazard.
Do not place small metal objects on top of the MD8. Metal objects inside the MD8 are a
fire and electrical shock hazard.
Do not block the MD8 ventilation holes above and behind the disc compartment. These
vents are to prevent the internal temperature from rising. Blocked vents are a fire hazard.
Do not try to modify the MD8. This could be a fire and electrical shock hazard.
The MD8 operating temperature is between 5˚C and 35˚C (41˚F and 95˚F).
Cautions
Turn off all audio devices and speakers when connecting to the MD8. Refer to the
owner's manual for each device. Use the correct cables and connect as specified.
The MD8 is a precision device. Handle it with care.
Handle MD DATA discs with care.
If you notice any abnormality—such as smoke, odor, or noise—turn off the MD8
immediately, remove the AC power cord from the AC outlet, confirm that the abnormal-
ity is no longer present, and then consult your dealer for repair. Using the MD8 in this
condition is a fire and shock hazard.
If a foreign object or water gets inside the MD8, turn it off immediately, remove the AC
power cord from the AC outlet, and then consult your dealer for repair. Using the MD8
in this condition is a fire and electrical shock hazard.
If you plan not to use the MD8 for a long period of time (such as when you are on vaca-
tion), remove the AC power cord from the AC outlet. Leaving the MD8 connected is a
fire hazard.
Do not use benzene, thinner, cleaning detergent, or a chemical cloth to clean the MD8.
Use a soft, dry cloth.
MD8—Owner's Manual

Advertisement

Table of Contents
loading

  Related Manuals for Yamaha MD8