The First Session
Making the Connections (GRP & DIR)
1. Connect a sound source to MIC/LINE INPUT 1.
If you are using a condenser microphone, set PHANTOM switch to ON to turn on phantom
2. Set the [FLIP] switch on Input Channel 1 to MIC/LINE.
3. If you connect a line-level source, set the GAIN control to LINE (i.e., fully
counterclockwise). If you connect a microphone, set the GAIN control
midway. The GAIN control is adjusted again later on in this procedure.
4. Proceed to GRP Method or DIR Method.
1. Press Input Channel 1's GROUP ASSIGN [1–2] switch.
This assigns the Channel 1 signal to Tracks 1 and 2.
The following table shows the relationship between Groups and Tracks.
2. Turn the PAN control to L/ODD.
This sends the signal to just Track 1.
The following table shows the relationship between the PAN control and groups.
3. While pressing the REC SELECT [GROUP] button, press the REC SELECT
The TRK 1 GRP indicator ﬂashes, indicating that track 1 is set to record from group Bus 1.
4. Set the GROUP MASTER 1 level control to the 7–8 mark (highlighted posi-
5. Proceed to Monitoring & Recording (GRP & DIR).
Track 1 or 5
Track 2 or 6
Track 3 or 7
Track 4 or 8