Recording & Mixing Techniques
1. Press the [REC] button to engage Record Pause mode.
The display shows the number of the new song and NEWXREC . This is Record Pause mode.
Initially, all tracks that can be recorded in the current Recording mode are selected, as shown
by the ﬂashing dots. You cannot deselect all tracks for a new recording. At least one track is
Note: You cannot rehearse when recording in a blank area.
2. Use the REC SELECT buttons to select tracks for recording.
Alternatively, you can hold down the REC SELECT [GROUP] button while pressing a REC
SELECT button to use the GRP recording method. See Recording the First Track on page 17
for more information. You can check the available recording time using the REMAIN Time
Counter mode. Press the [DISPLAY] button repeatedly until REMAIN appears on the dis-
Note: The REMAIN display always refers to the available recording time in the currently
selected recording mode.
3. Press the [PLAY] button to start recording.
Recording starts and the Time Counter starts counting.
4. When you've ﬁnished, press the [STOP] button.
Recording stops. Recording stops automatically when all available disc space is used up.
5. Press the [TOC WRITE] (STOP) button to update the TOC.
The TOC is updated.
Titling Discs & Songs
When a disc with a title is ﬁrst loaded into the MD8, the title appears on the display for a
few seconds and then scrolls off to the left. When a song with a title is selected, the title
appears on the display next to the song number. Titles make it easy to identify discs and
1. Press the [EDIT] button and use the CURSOR shuttle/DATA dial to select
the Song Name or Disc Name function.
2. Press the [ENTER] button.
3. Use the CURSOR shuttle to move the cursor to the desired position.
Turning the CURSOR shuttle to the right moves the cursor to the second, third, etc. char-
acter. Turn it to the left to move the cursor backward.
4. Use the DATA dial to set characters.
The following characters are available.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
( ) < > : ; * + - = / , . , " Ù % $ & ! ? #
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Spaces are available between character rows.
5. When you've ﬁnished, press the [TOC WRITE] (STOP) button to update