Function: The SCI3 supports synchronous and asynchronous serial data transfers. It also has
a multi-processor communications function that supports serial communications
between multiple processors.
Features: • Serial data transfers in either synchronous or asynchronous mode
• Full duplex communication
• Double buffered data registers support continuous bidirectional
• Support for arbitrary bit rate selection using the built-in baud rate generator
• Either an internal or an external clock can be used as the transfer clock source.
• Generates six interrupts: transmission complete, transmission data empty,
receive data full, overrun error, framing error, and parity error.
Receive shift register
Receive data register
Transmit shift register
Transmit data register
Serial mode register
Serial control register 3
Serial status register
Bit rate register
Bit rate counter
Internal clock (ø/64, ø/16, ø/4, and ø)
(TEI, TXI, RXI,