8. Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) Controller/Driver
The H8/300L Series on-chip segment liquid crystal display (LCD) controller, LCD driver, and
power supply circuit allow these microcomputers to directly drive an LCD panel.
To support the implementation of LCD control appropriate for the application area, the
H8/300L Series provides three types of LCD controller/driver that differ in the particular
combination of number of segments and amount of display memory provided.
Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) Controller/Driver 1 (H8/3834 Series)
Features: • Display size
When only internal
drivers are used
Note: The HD66100 can be used for external expansion.
• LCD RAM capacity: 16 bits × 32 bytes (512 bits)
• The LCD RAM can be accessed in word units.
• The segment output pins can be used as ports in 4-pin units.
• Common output pins that are not used due to the duty chosen can be used as
either common buffers or ports as desired.
• Display is possible in all modes other than standby mode.
• Eleven frame frequencies are available.
• Power supply divider resistors are built in and used to provide the LCD drive
External Expansion Drivers