Turn off the power switch before carrying out cleaning.
If the foot switch is depressed by mistake, the sewing machine might start operating and injury could
Be sure to wear protective goggles and gloves when handling the lubricating oil and grease, so that they
do not get into your eyes or onto your skin. If the oil and grease get into your eyes or onto your skin,
inflammation can result.
Furthermore, do not drink or eat the lubricating oil or grease. They may cause diarrhea or vomiting.
Keep the oil out of the reach of children.
6-1. Cleaning the rotary hook
6-2. Draining the oil
1. Pull the shuttle race cover downward to open it, and then
remove the bobbin case.
2. Open the setting claw (1) in the direction indicated by the
arrow, and then remove the shuttle race base (2) and the
shuttle hook (3).
3. Clean all the dust and lint from around the driver (4), the
top of the rotary hook thread guide and the shuttle race.
1. Remove and empty the oiler (1) whenever it is full.
2. After emptying oiler (1), screw it back into its original