4-3. Threading the upper thread
Thread the upper thread correctly as shown in the illustration below.
* When using threading mode for threading, the thread can be threaded more easily.
(Refer to "Threading mode" on the next page.)
[If using cotton thread or spun thread]
• Turn the machine pulley (2) and raise the thread take-up (3) to its highest position before threading the upper thread.
(This will make threading easier and it will prevent the thread from coming out at the sewing start.)
• When threading the thread through the needle, allow a distance of approximately 42 mm between the needle hole and the
end of the thread.
If it is too long, the thread may become tangled, and if it is too short, the thread may pull out at the sewing start.
• If you would like to adjust the sensitivity of the thread breakage sensor, refer to "7-1. Adjusting the sensitivity of the thread
[If using synthetic thread]
4. PREPARATION BEFORE SEWING
Thread the upper thread