Tampering with Noise Control System Prohibited.
Federal law prohibits the following acts or causing thereof:
(1) The removal or rendering inoperative by any person other
than for purposes of maintenance, repair, or replacement,
of any device or element of design incorporated into any
new vehicle for the purpose of noise control prior to its sale
or delivery to the ultimate purchaser or while it is in use,
(2) the use of the vehicle after such device or element of design
has been removed or rendered inoperative by any person.
Among those acts presumed to constitute tampering are the acts
1) Removal of, or puncturing the muffler, baffles, header pipes
or any other component which conducts exhaust gases.
2) Removal or puncturing of any part of the intake system.
3) Lack of proper maintenance.
4) Replacing any moving part of the vehicle, or parts of the ex-
haust or intake system, with parts other than those specified
by the manufacturer.
This product should be checked for repair or replacement if the
motorcycle noise has increased significantly through use.
Otherwise, the owner may become subject to penalties under
state and local ordinances.