ENGINE START (TE-SMR)
With cold engine, as after a prolonged inactivity of the motorcy-
cle or in presence of a low external temperature, proceed as fol-
1) set ignition key (1) in IGNITION position (the buzz that you
hear when you turn the key to IGNITION is caused by the fuel
pump which puts the feeding system under pressure);
2) pull the starter lever (2);
3) pull the clutch lever (3);
4) shift gear pedal (4) in neutral position then release the clutch
5) press the engine start-stop switch (5) then the start button
Put the start lever (2) in its initial position as soon as the engine
is idling. When starting with an already warmed up engine DO
NOT USE the starter. When a cold engine has just been started,
do not increase revs, to ensure an
adequate oil warm-up and circulation.
A safety switch is set on the clutch lever support. This switch al-
lows you ONLY to start the engine with idle gearbox, or with the
gear engaged and the clutch lever pulled.
NEVER START WITH DISCONNECTED BATTERY.