Poor braking can also be caused by oil on the disc. Oil or grease
on the disc must be cleaned off with a high flash-point oil free
solvent, such as acetone or lacquer thinner.
The brake fluid should be checked and changed in accordance
with the Periodic Maintenance Chart or whenever it is contami-
nated with dirt or water. Don't change the fluid in the rain or
when a strong wind is blowing.
* Use only brake fluid from a sealed con-
tainer (DOT 4). Never use old brake flu-
* Never allow contaminants (dirt, water,
etc.) to enter the brake fluid reservoir.
* Don't leave the reservoir cap off any
length of time to avoid moisture con-
tamination of the fluid.
* Handle brake fluid with care because it
can damage paint.
* Don't mix two types of fluid for use in
the brake. This lowers the brake fluid
boiling point and could cause the brake
to be ineffective. It may also cause the
rubber brake part to deteriorate.