• Do not remove the memory card while recording is in
progress. Data may be damaged or lost.
• Philips uses approved industry standards for memory cards,
but some brands may not be fully compatible with your
device. Using an incompatible memory card may damage
your device or the memory card and can corrupt data
stored on the card.
• When a new, unformatted memory card or a memory
card that was formatted by another device is inserted, the
recorder will display a prompt to format the memory card.
• Formatting a memory card erases all data on the card.
Before formatting the memory card, make backup copies of
all important data stored on the card. The manufacturer' s
warranty does not cover loss of data resulting from user
• Formatting the memory card on a computer may cause
incompatibilities with your device. Format the memory
card only on the device.
• Recording and formatting is not possible if the memory
card is in read-only mode (locked).
Charge the battery
Plug the USB connector into a USB port on your computer.
Insert the micro USB plug into the USB port on the recorder.
X The recorder starts charging.
• Charge the battery for 3 hours before first use.
• The computer must be turned on when charging the
• The device may become warm when the battery is being
• The maximum battery capacity will only be reached after
several charging/discharging cycles.
Your recorder is now ready to use.
The recorder is turned on and off by sliding the ON/OFF
switch. When using it for the first time, you will be prompted to
set the language, date and time.
• The recorder switches itself off automatically if no key is
pressed within a pre-set period of time ( Power-save
mode, p. 13).