• Do not remove the memory card while recording is in
progress. Data may be damaged or lost.
• Philips uses approved industry standards for memory cards,
but some brands may not be fully compatible with your
device. Using an incompatible memory card may damage
your device or the memory card and can corrupt data
stored on the card.
• When a new, unformatted memory card or a memory
card that was formatted by another device is inserted, the
recorder will display a prompt to format the memory card.
• Formatting a memory card erases all data on the card. Be-
fore formatting the memory card, make backup copies of all
important data stored on the card. The manufacturer' s war-
ranty does not cover loss of data resulting from user actions.
• Formatting the memory card on a computer may cause
incompatibilities with your device. Format the memory
card only on the device.
• Recording and formatting is not possible if the memory
card is in read-only mode (locked).
Charge the battery
Charge using the docking station
Place the recorder in the docking station.
X The recorder starts charging.
X The charge indicator light flashes green while the
battery is being charged.
X The charge indicator light changes to solid green when
the battery is fully charged.
• Charge the battery for 3 hours before first use.
• The device may become warm when the battery is being
• The maximum battery capacity will only be reached after
several charging/discharging cycles.
Your recorder is now ready to use.
Charge using the USB cable
Plug the USB connector into a USB port on your computer.
Insert the micro USB plug into the USB port on the recorder.
The recorder is turned on and off by sliding the ON/OFF
switch. When using it for the first time, you will be prompted to
set the language, date and time.
• The recorder switches itself off automatically if no key is
pressed within a pre-set period of time ( Power-save
mode, p. 15).