Specifications and requirements
Install the system in accordance with the local safety codes and regulations at the facility site. Follow all
cautions and instructions marked on the equipment.
Site requirements and guidelines
The following sections provide requirements and guidelines that you must address when preparing your site
for the installation.
When selecting an installation site for the system, choose a location not subject to excessive heat, direct
sunlight, dust, or chemical exposure. These conditions greatly reduce the system's longevity and might void
NOTE: Specifications within this section relate to 2U24 and 2U12 enclosures.
Site wiring and AC power requirements
The following are required for all installations using AC power supplies:
Table 25 Power requirements - AC Input
Input power requirements
Maximum input power
• All AC mains and supply conductors to power distribution boxes for the rack-mounted system must be
enclosed in a metal conduit or raceway when specified by local, national, or other applicable
government codes and regulations.
• Ensure that the voltage and frequency of your power source match the voltage and frequency inscribed
on the equipment's electrical rating label.
• To ensure redundancy, provide two separate power sources for the enclosures. These power sources
must be independent of each other, and each must be controlled by a separate circuit breaker at the
power distribution point.
• The system requires voltages within minimum fluctuation. The customer-supplied facilities' voltage must
maintain a voltage with not more than
suitable surge protection.
• Site wiring must include an earth ground connection to the AC power source. The supply conductors
and power distribution boxes (or equivalent metal enclosure) must be grounded at both ends.
• Power circuits and associated circuit breakers must provide sufficient power and overload protection. To
prevent possible damage to the AC power distribution boxes and other components in the rack, use an
external, independent power source that is isolated from large switching loads (such as air conditioning
motors, elevator motors, and factory loads).
Weight and placement guidelines
• Refer to the rackmount bracket kit installation sheet pertaining to your product for guidelines about
installing enclosures into the rack.
• The weight of an enclosure depends on the number and type of modules installed.
100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
475 W maximum continuous
5 percent fluctuation. The customer facilities must also provide
for detailed size and weight specifications.
on page 73
Lenovo Storage S3200/S2200 Setup Guide