About this guide
This guide provides information about initial hardware setup for the Lenovo Storage™ S3200/S2200
enclosure products listed below:
• CNC (Converged Network Controller) controller enclosure:
• Qualified Fibre Channel SFP option supporting (4/8/16 Gb)
• Qualified Internet SCSI (10GbE) SFP option
• Qualified Internet SCSI (1 Gb) Copper RJ-45 SFP option
• HD mini-SAS (12 Gb) controller enclosure
IMPORTANT: Product configuration characteristics
• S3200/S2200 products use the same 2U24 and 2U12 chassis form factor.
• S3200 enclosures provide four host ports per controller module.
• S2200 enclosures provide two host ports per controller module.
• S3200/S2200 models can be configured with one or two RAID canisters per enclosure.
• Supported features vary between S3200 and S2200 as noted herein and within related documents.
The S3200/S2200 enclosures are designed to meet MIL-STD-810G (storage requirements) and European
Telco requirements. The S3200/S2200 storage enclosures support a large form factor (LFF 12-disk) 2U
chassis and a small form factor (SFF 24-disk) 2U chassis. These chassis form factors support controller
enclosures and expansion enclosures.
The S3200/S2200 controller enclosures can optionally be cabled to supported drive enclosures for
adding storage. S3200/S2200 storage enclosures can be equipped with single or dual RAID canisters;
and they are equipped with two AC power supply modules.
Storage S3200/S2200 enclosures support virtual storage, which uses paged-storage technology. For
virtual storage, a group of disks with an assigned RAID level is called a disk group.
IMPORTANT: These Lenovo Storage products are not intended to connect directly to Public Switched
Storage S3200/S2200 enclosure user interfaces
The S3200/S2200 enclosures support applications for configuring, monitoring, and managing the
storage system. The web-based application GUI and the command-line interface are briefly described:
• Storage Management Console (SMC) is the web interface for the enclosures, providing access to all
common management functions for virtual storage.
• The command-line interface (CLI) enables you to interact with the storage system using command syntax
entered via the keyboard or scripting.
NOTE: For more information about enclosure user interfaces, see the following:
• Lenovo Storage Manager Guide or online help
The guide describes the Storage Management Console GUI
• Lenovo Storage CLI Reference Guide
Lenovo Storage S3200/S2200 Setup Guide