Operating the device
5.3 Operating a device with capacitive multi-touch screen
Danger of malfunction due to improper execution of gestures on the touch screen
If gestures are executed incorrectly on the touch screen with multi-touch function, these
gestures may not be recognized or could be recognized incorrectly. The entries made are
then not implemented by the device or are implemented incorrectly or in an unintended
Incorrect execution of multi-touch functions can lead to errors in the operation of the plant
and thus to physical injury.
Note the following when operating the touch screen with multi-touch function:
• The touch screen reacts to contact on its surface, not to pressure.
• When using a touch pen: Operate the touch screen only with a touch pen for capacitive
• Avoid unintended multiple touches, for example, with your knuckles.
Before you start to operate the device, make sure you are familiar with the multi-touch
functions of the Windows operating system, as well as with the application to be used and
its functions. Ensure that the gestures which the user executes on the multi-touch display
are recognized by the application. It is possible that certain gestures need to be trained
Notes on operation
Note when operating the multi-touch screen:
● Surface contact with a diameter of about 5 to 20 mm is required for an operator action to
● An operation with gloves with a material thickness of <2 mm is detected in most cases.
However, check the usefulness of the gloves you are using.
● To avoid incorrect operation, certain inputs are ignored and blocked from further entry:
– Simultaneous operation with more than 5 fingers.
– Surface contact with a diameter of > 3 cm, for example, resting the palm of the hand
– As soon as the touch screen is no longer touched, input is possible again.
on the touch screen
Industrial Flat Panel IFP1500, IFP1900, IFP2200
Operating Instructions, 06/2014, A5E31298376-AB