Functions of the multi-touch screen
● Detection of up to 5 finger touches at a time.
● Detection of gestures that are supported by the operating system or the software installed
● You do not need to calibrate the touch screen. Some operating systems do offer touch
Security functions in an industrial environment
The touch screen is locked for security reasons when following happens:
● There is a conductive liquid on the touch screen with ground contact via the enclosure or
● Electromagnetic interference is present that exceeds the specification according to EN
Once the interference is over, the touch screen is no longer locked.
Operating a Touch/Key device
If you activate several keys simultaneously, a malfunction on the device cannot be excluded.
Only press the function keys one after the other.
Malfunctions of the user software
Always use security features of the KeyTools for security reasons. If you disable them,
nevertheless, serious malfunctions of the user software may occur when the additional
function keys F1 to F36 are used or if custom key code tables are used.
Risk of damage
Activating a key using a hard or pointed object, for example a screwdriver, reduces the life of
the key or can damage it.
Industrial Flat Panel IFP1500, IFP1900, IFP2200
Operating Instructions, 06/2014, A5E31298376-AB
on the device.
Multi-touch operation can provide advanced features or pose limitations depending on the
operating system and the software installed on the device. Read the corresponding
calibration. However, this calibration does not lead to
the operator, for example.
Operating the device
5.4 Operating a Touch/Key device