Operating the device
5.2 Operating a device with resistive single touch screen
Operating a device with resistive single touch screen
When you touch an object on the single touch screen, the corresponding function is
Personal injury or property damage due to incorrect operation
Incorrect operation of devices with a touch screen can occur. This can result in personal
injury or property damage.
Take the following precautions:
• Configure the plant so that safety-related functions are not operated with the touch
• Always touch only a single point on the touch screen.
• Calibrate the touch screen, at the latest when the touch screen becomes inaccurate or
• Switch off the device for cleaning and maintenance.
• Make sure that the touch screen is kept free of dirt.
Damage to the touch screen
Touching the touch screen with pointed or sharp objects can damage it and lead to a
significant reduction in service life or even total failure of the touch screen.
Do not touch the touch screen with pointed or hard objects. Only touch the touch screen
with your fingers, a touch stylus or an approved touch glove.
Appearance of blisters under extreme ambient conditions
Under extreme environmental conditions such as high atmospheric humidity and
temperature, bubbles can form on the touch surface in rare cases. This only affects the
appearance and does not represent any functional restriction.
does not respond despite repeated touches.
Industrial Flat Panel IFP1500, IFP1900, IFP2200
Operating Instructions, 06/2014, A5E31298376-AB