Installing and connecting the device
3.1 Preparing for installation
6. Please inform the delivery service immediately if the package contents are incomplete or
damaged or do not correspond with your order. Fax the enclosed form "SIMATIC IPC/PG
Quality Control Report".
7. Please keep the enclosed documentation in a safe place. It belongs to the device. You
need the documentation when you commission the device for the first time.
8. Write down the identification data of the device.
Electric shock and fire hazard due to damaged device
A damaged device can be under hazardous voltage and trigger a fire in the machine or
plant. A damaged device has unpredictable properties and states.
Death or serious injury could occur.
Make sure that the damaged device is not inadvertently installed and put into operation.
Label the damaged device and keep it locked away. Send off the device for immediate
Damage from condensation
If the device is subjected to low temperatures or extreme fluctuations in temperature
during transportation, for example in cold weather, moisture could build up on or inside
the HMI device.
Moisture causes a short circuit in electrical circuits and damages the device.
In order to prevent damage to the device, proceed as follows:
• Store the device in a dry place.
• Bring the device to room temperature before starting it up.
• Do not expose the device to direct heat radiation from a heating device.
• If condensation develops, wait approximately 12 hours or until the device is
completely dry before switching it on.
Industrial Flat Panel IFP1500, IFP1900, IFP2200
Operating Instructions, 06/2014, A5E31298376-AB