7.2 Directives and declarations
There is no equipotential bonding without grounding. An electrostatic charge is not
discharged and may damage the ESD.
Protect yourself against discharge of static electricity. When working with electrostatic
sensitive devices, make sure that the person and the workplace are properly grounded.
Protective measures against discharge of static electricity
● Disconnect the power supply before you install or remove modules which are sensitive to
● Pay attention to good grounding:
– When handling electrostatical sensitive devices, make sure that persons, the
● Avoid direct contact:
– As a general rule, do not touch electrostatic sensitive devices, except in the case of
– Hold the modules at their edge so that you do not touch the connector pins or
– Discharge your body electrostatically before you take a measurement at a module. Do
The Industrial Flat Panels have been tested for high-energy single pulse (surge) in
accordance with IEC 61000-4-5.
An external protective circuit is required for operation with 24 VDC; please refer to the
chapter "Lightning and Surge Voltage Protection" in the "S7-300 Automation System,
Hardware and Installation" installation manual. The "S7-300 Automation System, Hardware
and Installation" installation manual is available for download from the Internet
The following lightning protection element was used during the testing of the Industrial Flat
Dehn BVT AVD 24" (Order No. 918 422)
workstation and devices, tools and packaging used are properly grounded. This way
you avoid static discharge.
unavoidable maintenance work.
conductor paths. This way, the discharge energy does not reach and damage the
so by touching grounded metallic parts. Always use grounded measuring instruments.
Industrial Flat Panel IFP1500, IFP1900, IFP2200
Operating Instructions, 06/2014, A5E31298376-AB