Mounting the device
Notes on installation
Before installing the device, please ensure that the installation location complies with the
Risk of fire
The device is classified for use as "Open Type" according to UL508 in the Industrial Control
Equipment sector. In the event of overheating, the device may discharge burning materials
that can cause a fire.
Keep in mind:
• Requirement for approval and operation of the device according to UL508 is its
• Install the device in an enclosure that meets the requirements of paragraphs 4.6 and
● Ensure that the protective contact socket of the building installation is easily accessible
● Position the device so that it is not exposed to direct sunlight.
● Position the device so that it is easily accessible for the operator.
● Choose a suitable installation height.
● Ensure that the air vents of the device are not covered as a result of installation. Note the
Industrial Flat Panel IFP1500, IFP1900, IFP2200
Operating Instructions, 06/2014, A5E31298376-AB
installation in a UL508-compliant enclosure.
4.7.3 of the standards IEC/UL/EN/DIN-EN 60950-1.
and that there is a mains disconnect switch in switchgear cabinet installations.
permitted mounting positions.
Installing and connecting the device
3.2 Mounting the device