2. Connect the power cable to the wall, and then press the Power button
The Ethernet wired icon
3. Make sure your computer is on, and then insert the Drivers and Utilities CD that came with your
printer. The CD launches automatically.
NOTE: If you do not have your Drivers and Utilities CD, you can download the appropriate
software from support.dell.com.
4. Select Using an Ethernet Cable, and then click Next.
5. Click I Agree to the terms of this License Agreement, and then click Next.
6. Read the Firewall Exceptions information, and then click Next.
7. Your printer should appear in the list and it should already be selected. Click Next to begin the
If your printer is not in the list, you may need to manually configure your adapter's IP address to
work with your network. For more information, see
Manually Configuring the IP Address
1. Print a Network Setup Page to locate your adapter IP address:
a. From the main menu of the printer operator panel, press the up or down Arrow button
to scroll to Setup, and then press the Select button
b. Press the down Arrow button
c. Press the up or down Arrow button
press the Select button
The Network Setup Page prints.
The IP address of the adapter is labeled Address: under the TCP/IP heading.
2. From the computer, click Enter IP Address.
The Configure Network Printers dialog box opens.
3. If your printer appears in the list, click Configure, and then select Configure IP Address
If your printer is not in the list, click Add Printer, and then select One New Printer.
4. Type the IP address of the adapter into the space provided, and then click OK.
5. Your printer should appear in the list. Click Close to return to the printer selection dialog box.
6. Select your printer from the list, and then click Next.
Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation process.
For additional information on configuring your adapter to work on your network, see your network
administrator or the documentation for your network.
appears in the main menu on the operator panel.
Manually Configuring the IP
to scroll to Network Setup, and then press the Select
to scroll to Print Network Setup Page, and then