NOTE: Have your USB cable ready for wireless configuration or your Ethernet cable (sold separately)
ready for Ethernet configuration.
Configuring the Adapter for a Wireless Connection
1. Plug the printer power cable into the wall outlet.
2. Press the Power button
The wireless icon
3. If you are using your printer with a new Dell computer: Go to
If you are using your printer with an existing computer: Go to the next step.
4. Make sure your computer is on, and then insert the Drivers and Utilities CD that came with your
printer. The CD launches automatically.
NOTE: If you do not have your Drivers and Utilities CD, you can download the appropriate
software from support.dell.com.
5. Select Using a wireless network, and then click Next.
6. Select I Agree with the terms of this License Agreement, and then click Next.
7. Read the Firewall Exception information, and then click Next.
8. Connect the USB cable between the port on the back of the printer and the port on the computer.
9. On the Configure Your Wireless Printer Adapter dialog box, select Create or modify the
printer's wireless settings, and then click Next.
The Dell Wireless Setup Utility launches. Follow the instructions on your screen to complete the
NOTE: The network name (SSID) and the security settings for the wireless network you want
to connect to may be needed to complete this setup wizard. For more information, see the
wireless network administrator or your network documentation.
For additional information on configuring your adapter, see
Configuring the Adapter for an Ethernet Connection
1. Connect your printer to your network using an Ethernet cable (sold separately).
appears in the main menu on the operator panel.
Configuring the Adapter Using the