4. From the main menu, press the up or down Arrow button
the Select button
The printer automatically detects if it is connected to a network. If it is connected to a network,
the Host Selection screen appears. If it is not connected to a network, the Scan Mode menu
5. From the Host Selection screen, choose the computer to which you want to send the document,
and then press the Select button
NOTE: The computer must have the printer software installed. Use the Drivers and Utilities CD
to install the printer software.
6. Enter the four-digit PIN specified for the host computer, and then press the Select button
NOTE: You can view or change the PIN or the name of the computer to which you want to
send your scan. For more information, see
not required by default; it is only requested if the PIN has been set.
The printer downloads a list of applications from your computer.
7. From Scan to, press the left or right Arrow button
8. Make any necessary changes to your scan settings, and then press the Start button
The scan opens on the computer you selected.
Setting the Computer Name and PIN
Specify a name for your computer to enable you to locate it on the Host Selection screen when scanning
across a network. If you want to restrict users from sending a scanned document to your computer, set
a scan-to-network Personal Identification Number (PIN).
1. In Windows Vista:
® Control Panel.
b. Click Hardware and Sound.
to scroll to Scan, and then press
Setting the Computer Name and
to choose an application to which to send
PIN. The PIN is