The cleaning page begins printing.
To clean the nozzles from the printer software:
1. Load plain paper.
2. In Windows Vista:
® Control Panel.
b. Click Hardware and Sound.
c. Click Printers.
In Windows XP , click Start® Control Panel® Printers and Other Hardware® Printers and
In Windows 2000 , click Start® Settings® Printers.
3. Right-click the Dell 968 AIO Printer icon.
4. Click Printing Preferences.
The Printing Preferences dialog box opens.
5. Click the Maintenance tab.
6. Click Clean Ink Cartridges.
The cleaning page prints.
7. If the print quality has not improved, click Clean Again.
8. Print your document again to verify the improved print quality.
If you are still not satisfied with the print quality, wipe the nozzles with a clean, dry cloth, and then print
your document again.
Cleaning the Exterior of the Printer
1. Make sure that the printer is turned off and unplugged from the wall outlet.
CAUTION: To avoid the risk of electric shock, unplug the power cord from the wall outlet and
disconnect all cables to the printer before proceeding.
2. Remove paper from the paper support and paper exit tray.
3. Dampen a clean, lint-free cloth with water.
NOTICE: Do not use household cleaners or detergents, as they may damage the finish of the
4. Wipe only the outside of the printer, making sure to remove any ink residue that has accumulated
on the paper exit tray.
NOTICE: Using a damp cloth to clean the interior may cause damage to your printer. Damage
to the printer caused by not following the correct instructions for cleaning will not be covered