Searching and Reviewing While Recording
When the camcorder is in record pause mode,
you can use record search to play the tape
forwards or backwards to find the point where
you wish to start or restart recording. This is
useful when you wish to add a new scene to a
previously used cassette. By using record search,
you can ensure a smooth, noise-free join between
the new scene and the old one.
1. Press and hold the REC SEARCH + or – button while you check the picture in
• The + button plays the recording forwards and the – button plays it backwards.
2. Release the button when you find the point where you want to start
• The camcorder returns to record pause mode.
When the camcorder is in record pause mode, you can use record review to play back the last few
seconds of your recording and then return automatically to record pause mode. You can quickly
make sure that a scene has recorded properly and then go on to shoot the next scene, without
producing any noise in the picture.
1. Press and release the c (record review) button while you check the picture in
• The camcorder rewinds the tape, plays back the last few seconds, and returns to record pause
• Noise may appear on the screen during record search and record review.