Playing Back a Tape
You can use the LCD screen for instant, on-the-spot playback. The camcorder also plays back the
sound track via the built-in speaker (
• When you play back a tape, you can also close the LCD panel with its screen side facing outward.
• When you're using the viewfinder to view playback, close the LCD panel.
For playing back your recordings on a TV, see p. 95.
For using the wireless controller, see p. 29.
• To avoid accidental recording, make sure that you slide the tab on the cassette so that it exposes
the hole (the switch position is usually labeled SAVE or ERASE OFF).
1. Slide the POWER switch to PLAY (VCR) and TAPE/CARD switch to TAPE.
• The power indicator lights up green.
• The confirmation beep sounds.
2. Load the cassette.
3. Press the e (play) button to start playback.
• Open the cover to use the buttons on the handle.
• To end playback, press the 3 (stop) button.
• To wind the tape forwards, stop playback and press the 1 (fast forward) button.
• To wind the tape backwards, stop playback and press the ` (rewind) button.
• If the playback picture is rough (mosaic-like noise), clean the video heads using a Canon DVM-
CL Digital Video Head Cleaning Cassette or a commercially available digital video head