Memory Card Introduction
The camcorder can record, store and manage still images on 2 types of memory cards: the SD
Memory Card (supplied with the camcorder) or the MultiMediaCard (commercially available). The
SD Memory Card has the protect switch to protect your recordings from accidental erasure. The SD
Memory Card and the MultiMediaCard fit into the same slot.
You can do the following with a memory card:
• Record still images (
• View still images: Single (
Index screen (
• Select the quality of images (
• Protect important still images against accidental erasure,
print mark and erase still images (
• Combine titles recorded onto the memory card with
camcorder recordings (title mix) (
• Copy multiple still images from card to tape (
• Transfer memory card still images to a PC (
You can use most of the camcorder's functions when recording to a memory card, such as the
various recording programs (
80) and other manual adjustments. Available functions are marked with the
2 If you use memory cards other than the supplied one, make sure to format them with the
• Inserting or removing the memory card without first setting the POWER switch to OFF can result
in data damage.
• This camcorder uses only SD Memory Cards (
other types of memory cards.
logo is a trademark.
120), Slide show (
52), self-timer (
SD Memory Card
71), shutter speed (
*) or MultiMediaCards. You cannot use any
77), white balance (