Formatting a Memory Card
Format new memory cards if you get the message CARD ERROR, or to permanently and quickly
erase all still images on a memory card, including protected images.
The SD Memory Card supplied with this camcorder has already been formatted for you.
• Be cautious when formatting recorded memory cards. All images will be permanently erased.
• If you use memory cards other than the supplied one, make sure to format them with the
camcorder, not a PC or other device.
Make sure a memory card is inserted into the camcorder.
1. Open the menu and select CARD OPER.
2. Select FORMAT.
• CANCEL and EXECUTE settings appear.
3. Select EXECUTE.
• Select CANCEL to cancel formatting.
• FORMAT THIS CARD? NO YES appears to confirm.
4. Select YES.
• Formatting starts and NOW FORMATTING appears in the display.
• If you select NO, you return to step 3.
5. Close the menu.