Searching the Tape (Photo Search/Date Search/Index Search)
This allows you to move quickly through still images (photo search), between different days or areas
of recording (date search), or index signals (
1. Press the SEARCH SELECT button to select between photo/date/index search.
• PHOTO SEARCH, DATE SEARCH or INDEX SEARCH appears for 4 seconds.
2. Press the - and + buttons to move backwards or forwards through the still
images, between different days of recording or recorded index signals.
• Press once to move to the start of the previous/next still image, day or index on the tape.
• You can press more than once to move to the corresponding still image, day or index (up to a
maximum of 10 times), e.g. press the + button 5 times to move forward 5 still images, days
or index signals.
• PHOTO SEARCH/DATE SEARCH/INDEX SEARCH appears in the middle of the display alongside
the - or + mark and number to search through. You can change the direction easily by
pressing the button for the opposite direction.
• Press 3 (stop) to stop searching.
• If you begin a search very close to the start of a recorded still image during photo search, the
camcorder may skip straight past it.
• When you have set the time zone, date search also looks for the change in date based on the
• A date/time zone cannot be identified if the total recording time on that day/time zone was less
than 1 minute.
• Date/index search playback may start slightly before or after the beginning of the located section.
• If the data code is not displayed correctly you will not be able to operate the date search correctly.
59) recorded anywhere on a tape (index search).