Returning to a Pre-Marked Position (Zero Set Memory)
Use the wireless controller to mark a point on a tape to which you wish to return following the
1. Press the ZERO SET MEMORY button on the wireless controller during playback
at a point you wish to return to later.
• The time code is replaced by a tape counter that is set to zero with the Â indication.
• Press the ZERO SET MEMORY button once more to cancel the zero set memory.
2. When you have finished playback, rewind or fast forward the tape. The tape
stops automatically when it reaches the zero set position.
• `RTN or RTN1 appears in the display.
• The tape counter with Â indication disappears from the display and the time code reappears.
• The zero set memory may not function correctly when there is a break between recordings on the
• You can also use zero set memory to mark a position on a tape in TAPE CAMERA mode. When
you then play back the tape, pressing rewind will take you back to the pre-marked position.
• If you remove the tape while the zero set memory is set, the memory is canceled and the tape
counter reverts to time code.