This digital video camera uses a mini DV tape to record footage on it.
The footage can be transferred to a computer using a fire wire cable.
Attaching/Removing/Charging the Battery Pack
1. Before using the camera, the battery must be charged.
2. Attach the battery pack to the camcorder by sliding the battery into the
3. Connect the power adapter to the camcorder's DC IN terminal
4. Connect the adapter to the power cord and plug the power cord into a power
5. Connect the power adapter to the camcorder's DC IN terminal.
6. Once the battery is fully charged, the charge indicator on the video camera will
glow steadily while it is charging it will flash, The approximate charging time is
7. To remove the battery pack from the video camera, slide the BATT button
located on the bottom of the camera and above the battery pack.
Loading/Unloading a DV Cassette
To insert a DV tape, slide and hold the OPEN/EJECT switch and gently pull
open the tape cassette compartment cover.
The tape holder will glide open automatically.
2. Load/unload the cassette with the window facing the grip belt.
3. Unload the cassette by gently sliding it straight out.
4. The cassette compartment will retract automatically when tape is inserted and
open if contains tape.
5. After tape is inserted or removed, close the tape cassette compartment cover.
School District of Manatee County
Instructional Technology Department
DIGITAL VIDEO CAMERA
"battery" below the viewfinder.