This camcorder is equipped with 20× optical zoom and 100× digital zoom. Optical zoom and digital
zoom can be operated from either the side grip, the camcorder handle or the wireless controller.
• Digital zoom cannot be used in CARD CAMERA mode.
Press the zoom control towards W to zoom out to wide-angle.
Press it towards T to zoom in to telephoto.
• The speed of the zoom controls on the camcorder can be changed in the CAMERA SET UP
submenu (grip zoom: variable, low, medium and fast; handle zoom: low, medium and fast).
• The speed of the zoom control of the wireless controller cannot be adjusted.
The digital zoom magnifies the camcorder's zoom range by up to 5 times.
CAM. SET UP
To change the digital zoom, open the menu and select CAM.SET UP. Then select
DIGITAL ZOOM, set it to 40 × or 100 × and close the menu.
The zoom control continues to work as usual. You can freely zoom in and out between 1× and 40×
or 1× and 100x magnification — the camcorder automatically switches between optical zooming
(up to 20×) and digital zooming (20× to 100×).
• When zooming, as a rule, keep at least 3 ft 3
when the zoom is at the wide-angle position, you can focus on a subject as close as
• Image resolution decreases the further you zoom towards 100× in digital zoom range.
• When the digital zoom is set to 40×, the zoom indicator extends (light blue). When the digital
zoom is set to 100× zoom, the zoom indicator extends again (a darker blue).
in (1m) between you and your subject. However
in (1 cm).